Collection of Personal Information
1. The types of personal information collected and stored by Victoria Street Capital might include your name, date of birth, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, fax number and credit/debit card details (to the extent permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998 and related legislation (“the DPA”).
2. Victoria Street Capital (or any of its sub-contractors) may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
- any data which you provide when you complete and submit an application to Victoria Street Capital to register on its website(s) or receive email alerts or other communications from Victoria Street Capital;
- any data that you provide via postings to forums and blogs and any other posting that you make to an Victoria Street Capital website (in such circumstances the information posted by you will, of course, also be available to users of the website throughout the world);
- during any transaction with us; and
- any other data which you provide to Victoria Street Capital when you enquire about our activities, email, telephone or write to us or otherwise provide us with personal information.
3. Victoria Street Capital (or any of its sub-contractors) may also receive information about you from third parties, for example a friend who wants to tell you about one of our websites.
Storage and retention of your information
1. Victoria Street Capital will keep your information on a secure server. The technology that Victoria Street Capital uses and the security policies which Victoria Street Capital has implemented are intended to safeguard your information from unauthorised access and improper use.
Use of Your Information
1. Victoria Street Capital may use your personal information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) for the following purposes:
- administering your website account(s) and otherwise in connection with any service for which you have provided your information, including any email alerts, transactions with us and competitions and promotions that you take part in;
- responding to any enquiry you make;
- subject to your consent, sending you newsletters and/or alerts and information regarding Victoria Street Capital’s or any third party’s future services (in all formats to which you have consented e.g. post, email, text); and
- for generating aggregated statistics about users, traffic patterns etc. of the Victoria Street Capital website(s) and other services and developing Victoria Street Capital’s marketing plans.
2. Victoria Street Capital may also disclose your information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) as follows:
- if you have given your consent for Victoria Street Capital to do so, to other selected organisations to enable them to contact you or send you information by post, telephone and/or email;
- to any service providers, sub-contractors and agents appointed by Victoria Street Capital to perform the above functions on its behalf and in accordance with its instructions;
- to third parties selected by Victoria Street Capital as part of aggregated and anonymised statistics about users, traffic patterns etc. of the Victoria Street Capital website(s);
- to such individuals and/or bodies as necessary to ensure Victoria Street Capital’s compliance with any applicable law, regulation, legal proceeding or governmental request;
(where you post material that does or may constitute a criminal offence, breach the rights of a third party, give rise to a civil action or breach the Terms & Conditions of the applicable website and as otherwise necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of Victoria Street Capital and its customers), to any relevant authority or third party requiring Victoria Street Capital to disclose the identity of or locate anyone posting such material on an Victoria Street Capital website; and
- to any individual making a subject information request to Victoria Street Capital.
3. In the event that Victoria Street Capital (or a relevant part of Victoria Street Capital) is acquired by or merges with another company, your personal information may be passed to the purchasing/merging company amongst the transferred business assets. This will enable your relationship to continue with the relevant Victoria Street Capital business despite the change of ownership. Your personal information may also be passed (on a confidential basis) to companies with whom Victoria Street Capital is negotiating such a sale/merger as part of the verification exercise carried out on Victoria Street Capital by the third party.
Third Party Websites
a. To access certain parts of the Victoria Street Capital websites, Victoria Street Capital may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself.
i.provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the “Registration Data”); and
ii.maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it fully up to date.